Let's be fair................

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Virgil McCoy
Martin Colony History: Purple Martin Landlord since 2006

Postby Virgil McCoy » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:33 pm

My suggestion would be to have all PMCA members shown on the forum with the AVATAR of the association.
Proud to be a fourth generation Purple Martin landlord.

msalcido

Postby msalcido » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:56 pm

newbie here and also a PMCA PROUD Member! I will continue to pay my dues!

I just joined this past week and I've learned so much, I think the forum is well worth the $25.00, the quarterly magazine is just an extra slice of cake!
:wink:
Mike

Fifth season of being a landlord! :) and a PMCA member!

ToyinPA
Martin Colony History: The 1972 St. Agnes flood wiped out all the Martins in my area. One day, in 1997-98, 5 or 6 Martins landed on the power wires crossing my back yard. I had no house for them. They kept coming back day after day. We got a martin house a few weeks later & they have been coming back every year since. I average 12-15 pair per year.

Postby ToyinPA » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:03 am

I'm a member & have also purchased items from the PMCA store.

Toy in PA

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:22 pm

i am joining tomorrow

Donnie Hurdt MN

Postby Donnie Hurdt MN » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 am

All of us long time members truly appreciate what the PMCA has done for the purple martin over the years and also am thankfull for this forum.
I also buy martin products from the PMCA store and pay for my two neighbors memberships as a thank you for letting me put up my housing at their sites.
All of this would not be possible withought all of the PMCA members old and new, a big THANK YOU! to you all. :grin: :grin: :grin:
PMCA member and Martin fanatic....
2011 A pair of subbies fledged three young but none returned in 2012 :-(
2015 One Pair of subbies came and stayed a few nits but got chased away by Bluebirds and Tree swallows. :-(
2017 0ne pair of subbies nested and fledged 4 young
2018 Tree Swallows AGAIN chased away any martins that wanted to nest :evil:

The Olsons

Postby The Olsons » Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:16 pm

I also pay my dues every year and additional two memberships for friends. I order everything I need for my colony from the PMCA Shop including shirts and hats. Like Thomas said, the Update alone is worth the $15.00 a year. The PMCA is a great organization and should receive more appreciation for what they do and what they offer!
Love it or leave it~~~Astrid :-)

rrmartins

Postby rrmartins » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:00 pm

I also have purchased from the store, but am not a member. Guess I need to get onboard, I owe all my success to this forum. Thanks alot everyone.
T14
7 pair
25 fledged
Rat breached bird netting and nearly wiped out entire colony over a four day period. Problem was fixed!!

Linda Reynolds

Postby Linda Reynolds » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:20 pm

rrmartins, dues paying membership and support of the PMCA is needed and very much appreciated.

The PMCA has offered this wonderful Forum for years. It has helped many landlord, including myself. One can obtain almost instantaneous assistance, thanks to our host.........the PMCA.

Many, if not most, *old timers* have gotten their feet wet here, and learned most of what they know because of this Forum. The *old timers* return to the community by sharing their advice.

I think if we use the PMCA's Forum, we should at the very least support them by paying for a yearly membership. The membership not only entitles you to discounts when purchasing products, but you receive 4 issues of THE UPDATE magazine each year, however, most importantly, it supports the organization and all of their good work. Support in the form of membership also insures that this Forum will continue.........Where would we be without it??????????????????//
Ever-Grateful,
Linda

Al Denton
Martin Colony History: New site and housing for 2018...Trendsetter 12. 1 pair of subs. Fledged 5...2019...11 pairs

Postby Al Denton » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:14 pm

Yes,I still support the PMCA...martins or no martins. I got my Update today in the mail, and I look forward to reading through it later this evening. Although it's been several years since I hosted any in central Raleigh, I still love martins and look for them constantly in my travels. Hopefully in the near future I'll get back on track and find a great little spot to start attracting them again.

LarryMelcher/KY

Postby LarryMelcher/KY » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:53 am

FANTASTIC Post Linda !!
I have been a member for many years. The PMCA does so much for Purple Martins.... Yes, ... for all readers, please consider supporting the PMCA. Just the quarterly Update magazines alone are well worth the money. Buy yourself a PMCA tee shirt and hat and proudly wear it. Someone just might ask a question about purple martins. You can do martins a great service by educating a possible future martin landlord. Martins totally depend on man for nest sites. We enjoy them in our backyards. Let's just give back to the martins when we can.
I manage 2 public sites, and one at home, for a total of 172 cavities. Board Member / Non Profit PMCA.
Find videos that I edit for the PMCA Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/PurpleMartinPMCA

Matt F.

Postby Matt F. » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:53 pm

FANTASTIC Post Linda !!
I have been a member for many years. The PMCA does so much for Purple Martins.... Yes, ... for all readers, please consider supporting the PMCA. Just the quarterly Update magazines alone are well worth the money. Buy yourself a PMCA tee shirt and hat and proudly wear it. Someone just might ask a question about purple martins. You can do martins a great service by educating a possible future martin landlord. Martins totally depend on man for nest sites. We enjoy them in our backyards. Let's just give back to the martins when we can.
Right on Larry! You summed it up perfectly.
Linda has done a wonderful job of rallying the troops, and highlighting how important PMCA memberships, and purchases are, for this great organization.

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”