Great success

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Duke

After a disappointing season last year and a slow start this season I’m very glad to say this has been a boom season ! I have fledged so far about forty five chicks. I have so many Martins now hanging around the Condo and Gourds with all the fledglings. I still have a young brood about two weeks old in a room. Have not seen any new eggs so I’m not sure if they will lay new eggs. The adults are still hanging on to their rooms so I’m not sure what they will do.
Whippy
Martin Colony History: See Signature

Duke,

That's great.

This is pretty late in the year for Corpus to still have Martins with broods based on what I've read on here over the years. It's almost as if there was a late rush of SY birds and they are determined to have broods because my two last pair are SY birds. I posted in Lisa's thread the same about my colony here in Plano. I've never had Martins this late nor have I ever had babies this late. A very unique season for many of us for sure.

Glad your colony is going so well. It's a great feeling having such a large expansion all at one time. I hope this year is a sign of what we all can expect for next year. If so, it'll be crazy busy for sure.

Keep it going.

Coolwhips.
2016 - late to put up, many visitors
2017 - 1 pair, 3 fledged
2018- 2 pair, 12 fledged
2019 - 4 pair, 21 fledged
2020 - 15 pair, 67 fledged
Duke

Thanks Whippy , best of luck to you in coming years up there in Plano.
Whippy
Martin Colony History: See Signature

Thanks, Duke.

I hope to hear of your success next year.

Coolwhips
2016 - late to put up, many visitors
2017 - 1 pair, 3 fledged
2018- 2 pair, 12 fledged
2019 - 4 pair, 21 fledged
2020 - 15 pair, 67 fledged