put up new house now or wait?

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
jeff

Finished the T14 house and was wondering is there any advantage to putting it up now just to take in down in Sept?

Should the nest cavities be painted black or just leave the bare pine wood?
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2020, 60 pair with 285 fledged youngsters. 83 total cavities available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

The only reason to possibly put the house up in Ohio would be to maybe attract newly hatched martin from this year that will be migrating down south to Brazil in the next few weeks. There is no need to paint the interiors black. It is completely up to you if you wish to put up the house now. If it were me, I would just put is up next early march. If you have a ground socket to install, it would be wise to put it in the ground now instead of possible ground freeze in early March in Ohio.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.
jeff

thanks i appreciate the advice