Best poop cleaner for gourds / metal houses

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2020, 60 pair with 285 fledged youngsters. 83 total cavities available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

Hey everyone,
I know this is a topic that doesn't get talked about or givin to much attention. But, here it is. What have you found to be the best poop, nest left over, caked on dirty wall stuff cleaner for gourds and metal houses ? I quickly did a search for such products and came across the following: Poop Off Bird Poop Remover, Nature's Miracle Bird Cage Cleaner, Natural Rapport Bird Cage Cleaner, Bird Droppings Germ Clear, Aurora Bird Poop Remover, Goo Gone or homemade safe cleaner. Has anyone used any of these and how well did they work ? I currently use a power pressure washer, but would like to break down some of the hardened caked on stuff that seems to coat the inside walls of the cavities. A homemade recipe I have heard of is as follows: liquid dish soap, white vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, salt, baking soda, Isopropyl alcohol, water. Add everything together, blend until homogeneous, place in a spray bottle. Clean out the heavy stuff inside the gourd, spray down the walls and let set a few hours, use power pressure washer.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.
SMJohnson

I soak mine in 55 gallon barrels. Eight at a time.
For 3 to 6 gours. Then hose them down with a spray nozzle.
2012-13 Pair 2013-52 Pair 2014-65 Pair 2015-85 Pair 2016-80 Pair 2017-93 Pair 2018-87 Pair 2019-102 Pair
148 compartments 72 Troyer Horz. 24 Troyer Vert. 52 Wooden
Dave Duit
Martin Colony History: In 2020, 60 pair with 285 fledged youngsters. 83 total cavities available, 58 Troyer Horizontal gourds and 4 modified deep trio metal house units, 1 fallout shelter, owl cages around all units. Martin educator and speaker. President and founder of the Iowa Purple Martin Organization. Please visit www.iamartin.org and join.

Thanks for the input Steve. The soaking is probably overlooked by many landlords and is a simple solution to the yearly cleaning.
Mite control, heat venting, predator protection and additional feeding during bad weather add up to success.