And the winner is......BLUE 7

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts

And the winner is......BLUE 7

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:11 am

I think this is an ideal developement,my favorite color is blue,seven is my lucky number and the first gourd chosen for entry by an ASY male at my site was a "Pastel Blue",it was cavity #7 and its 2007. He has been in the gourd for about 30 minutes.

It was a clinger porchless with a tail plate,,similar to the ones sold by PMCA,it is mounted on a 4" straight tunnel. He made it in on his 4th attempt..The tunnel floor is 1/2 inch below the botton of the entrance.

dick
Last edited by Guest on Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Emil Pampell-Tx
Martin Colony History: First started in Gretna, La in 1969 with a small homemade house, have had martins ever since at 2 different homes in Texas

Postby Emil Pampell-Tx » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:19 am

Congratulations, Dick! 30 minutes, are you sure that he can get out, he may be trapped.. :lol: :wink: :lol:

The Olsons

Postby The Olsons » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:23 am

Dick,

Congratulations :!: This is too cool that the ASY male choose your blue gourd with the #7, obviously your favorites. I think it is a sign that you will have a great martin season with lots of happy and healthy martins. :grin:
Astrid

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:24 am

No he is not trapped he moves in and out of the tunnel ,back into the cavity and is content to just set in the sun. I can see him very well and he is not struggling to get out at all.

dick

Emil Pampell-Tx
Martin Colony History: First started in Gretna, La in 1969 with a small homemade house, have had martins ever since at 2 different homes in Texas

Postby Emil Pampell-Tx » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:25 am

Did he struggle a bit to get in since he is not used to the clinger?

John Atteberry

Postby John Atteberry » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:48 am

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DICK!!!!!!! Now you can drink your coffee while it is hot!!! NOT! You forgot about that coffee didn't you? HA! I'm so happy for you Dick and all that work paid off! Keep us posted! John!

Donna - TX

Postby Donna - TX » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:56 am

And You Were Worried... :lol: :lol:

Congrats!!

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:59 am

No Emil ,he really didn't struggle much he quickly learned to reposition his wings and then he went right in with a little squeeze it looked like. He is good sized but I don;t think it was the large one I saw last night,that dude was just an abnormal size for a PM from what I have seen.

He has left now and hopefully is out feeding and will return with his girlfriend for some hanky panky to start things off.

Thanks go out to the Olsen pair and John too, LOL

dick

Emil Pampell-Tx

Postby Emil Pampell-Tx » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:07 am

Dick, that first one always looks so big, I guess we are just so happy to see it. I had the same feeling a couple times when I went deer hunting, the first one seemed so big, then later on I found out that he wasn't nearly as big as I thought! :lol: :oops: :-(

Bob Flam

Postby Bob Flam » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:18 am

Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo Ole lucky Blue #7...shoulda known! :lol: :lol: :wink:

bob

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:21 am

That is just great Dick! Gives you a little satisfaction for all that work doesn't it.

Is this a natural gourd? If not, what kind of gourd is it?

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:07 am

Hey Dick sounds like your lucky gourd is going to bring you luck. Hope your martins stick.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:15 am

Hog wild they are Big Bo's that I painted pastel colors,I have Lavender,Pink,Blue Yellow,and Brown 2 of each along with 2 whites on the rack.

Emil he was not the first I have been having a lot of stop overs.

dick

Bob Flam

Postby Bob Flam » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 am

I bet that looks cool, have you posted a picture of it?

Haha I'm still thinking about the redhead and crossing with a starling. I know ducks do it...ya know...seen the white mallards with the green heads at public ponds and lakes? Could you imagine!

yea post a pic of them gourds if you can, or bring it up front again if you already did.

bob

Bob Flam

Postby Bob Flam » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:32 am

Well you don't have to bring it back up unless you want. I did the search and found it. Cool set up for sure!

bob

Joe Zorn

Postby Joe Zorn » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Hey Dick, Bump it up. I can't find it. You've posted and replied to a LOT of message. :lol:

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:42 pm

Its right up at the top Joe,,,sure is heck to get old LOL

dick

John & Linda - KY

Postby John & Linda - KY » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:06 am

Reminds me of the guy whose lucky number was 7. On July 7 he went to the horse races. The 7th race started at 7 pm. The #7 horse was named Lucky 77. So he bet $777 on the horse to win. You knew it, Lucky 77 came in 7th. -- John

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:20 am

Now thats funny

dick

Joe Zorn

Postby Joe Zorn » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:45 pm

Its right up at the top Joe,,,sure is heck to get old LOL

dick
Tell me about it, Dick. Time is a unforgiving mistress, I am learning.

"Of all the things I've lost in my lifetime, my mind is the thing I miss most".

Return to “Purple Martin Forum”