Return to Forum Index
Profile Memberlist Search Scout Report Register

Martin siting in Hawesville, KY

Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     Return to Forum Index -> Purple Martin Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John & Linda - KY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Martin siting in Hawesville, KY Reply with quote

Linda saw our first martin, an ASY male, sitting on the gourd rack yesterday. He was back this morning, singing his heart out. We had about 1/2" of snow Monday and there is still a little hanging around in the shade, so he's an adventurous bird. This is a week to ten days later than usual, I'm sure because of the nasty winter we've had. -- John
chickadee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is good news. we have had a nasty winter. it seems to be trying to linger on. Looks to be warming up tomorrow.so I hope my birds can feed tomorrow on their own. and more birds start to show up this weekend.
John & Linda - KY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We saw three martins yesterday afternoon. It's cloudy and chilly today but tomorrow is supposed to be better. I'm ready for it to act like spring. -- John
Post new topic   Reply to topic     |##| -> |=|     Return to Forum Index -> Purple Martin Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1