Trio Minicastle

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Carlton
Martin Colony History: I moved to South Florida, from Delaware, in August of 2015.

I will have 2 MSS-8 houses, with Excluder entrances, here on my condo grounds. This season I will also have two Deluxe Gourd Racks with 24 Excluder Gourds with Modified Excluder entrances. In our condo development, along the lake in a different section, I have 8 Excluder Gourds hanging from 84 inch Shepherd's Hooks with predator guards.

At Quiet Waters Park, nearby in Deerfield Beach, I care for a Deluxe Gourd Rack with 12 TVG's. I also care for a Deluxe Gourd rack with 12 Excluder gourds with Modified Excluder entrances.

At another local park, Tradewinds Park at Coconut Creek, care for a Trendsetter 12, 5 gourds rack with 60 Excluder gourds with Modified Excluder Entrances and 1 Deluxe Gourd Rack with 12 Troyer Vertical Gourds with wing guards over the Conley II to keep out smaller starlings.

Does anyone else have a problem with the perches, elevated above the house, becoming loose and falling apart? I had to replace mine after only about 2 years here in SE Florida.

Does anyone happen to know the weight of this Minicastle house? Sometimes it seems like a lot of weight for the rope but I guess that is my imagination. I am used to the much smaller MSS-8 houses.

I really like the looks of the house.
daveh

Carlton, I replaced the rope and lanyard system on my minicastle years ago and added a winch and cable system . I never liked the lanyard because it would stick and not lower the house. The winch and cable is the same set up on my castle, 1/16 inch cable. Works well on both houses. Don't know the weight but it's not much. One perch broke because I jammed it into the ground when I had system on saw horses and fell off. It's a shorter perch now.

Dave
PMCA member
Carlton
Martin Colony History: I moved to South Florida, from Delaware, in August of 2015.

I will have 2 MSS-8 houses, with Excluder entrances, here on my condo grounds. This season I will also have two Deluxe Gourd Racks with 24 Excluder Gourds with Modified Excluder entrances. In our condo development, along the lake in a different section, I have 8 Excluder Gourds hanging from 84 inch Shepherd's Hooks with predator guards.

At Quiet Waters Park, nearby in Deerfield Beach, I care for a Deluxe Gourd Rack with 12 TVG's. I also care for a Deluxe Gourd rack with 12 Excluder gourds with Modified Excluder entrances.

At another local park, Tradewinds Park at Coconut Creek, care for a Trendsetter 12, 5 gourds rack with 60 Excluder gourds with Modified Excluder Entrances and 1 Deluxe Gourd Rack with 12 Troyer Vertical Gourds with wing guards over the Conley II to keep out smaller starlings.

Thanks, Dave.