S&K Ultimate Gourd Rack Help Please

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Bird.nerd

Just joining this forum, thanks for adding me. I've been a martin landlord since 1992. Last summer I moved near the lake and ordered a new gourd system with winch from S&K. Having trouble understanding how the cable is attached to the ultimate gourd rack. If any of you have this setup would you please share photos of your assembly? I tried to add a picture of my system but it doesn't show up in the preview. So here are my components: EZL238 pole, winch, round ultimate gourd rack, round white topper. I think there is supposed to be a lift panel for the rack (per instructions) but I don't have one.
Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

PS...if my photo doesn't show up here would someone please tell me how to add photos to my posts? Thanks
Last edited by Bird.nerd on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
taxidermy lady
Martin Colony History: Started trying to attract purple martins in 2012! It's finally happened in 2017! 5 years!!! ASY male and SY female came May 1st, fledged 5 babies!

I don't know how the s and k rack works but I do know how to get photos on here! Go to photo bucket.com! Then setup an account! You can download your photo! Then you go to img and copy your photo and then paste it to your post! Pretty easy that way! The reason it won't show up is your photo is to big. I hope this helps! Good luck on your rack! :)
Sharon from southern Illinois
apundt-TX
Martin Colony History: :
Starting over in 2018
9 pair 2017
17 pair 2015
12 pair 2014
8 pair 2013
5 pair 2012
2 pair 2011

I looked over the instructions at the manufacturing web site and agree with you that there is not any good pictures on how to connect the ultimate gourd rack.
This is the one with the circle right?
I did some google searching and see some good eye bolt suggestions like this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=s%26k+u ... b8l0GjM%3A
PMCA member
racks:CUE AAA-16, PMCA Multipurpose pole , S&K EZ-Lift, Lonestar/Songbird Essentials, CUE 12 gourd rack
gourds: S&K gourds, Supergourds, Troyer horizontals, Naturalines, few naturals
housing: S&K great 8, TRIO M12K, Coates/BirdsChoice 8 room wateresdge
Ravens5281
Martin Colony History: PMCA Member:
Name: Stu Silver III
Begin trying to start a Colony since 2014
Had 2 Martins Visitors stop by (2014)
(2015) 2 Martins Visitors passed through
(2016) 35 Days that Martins Visitors/Stopped by but didn't nest

The Photobucket app is the best way to upload ur photos!!
PMCA Member: From Seymour, Indiana
Bird.nerd

taxidermy lady wrote:I don't know how the s and k rack works but I do know how to get photos on here! Go to photo bucket.com! Then setup an account! You can download your photo! Then you go to img and copy your photo and then paste it to your post! Pretty easy that way! The reason it won't show up is your photo is to big. I hope this helps! Good luck on your rack! :)

I joined photo bucket and have an image to add to my post but the copy and paste didn't work for me. I clicked on Img button above the message here and even read the FAQ's. What's BBcode. BTW, I'm using an iPad.
Ravens5281

Ok go to the photo u want to add. Click on it & it will have 4 symbols at the bottom & click on the i with a circle & then that will take u to another page click on the IMG link then that will copy it & then come back to the from & paste & ur good to go!!
Bird.nerd

Ravens5281 wrote:Ok go to the photo u want to add. Click on it & it will have 4 symbols at the bottom & click on the i with a circle & then that will take u to another page click on the IMG link then that will copy it & then come back to the from & paste & ur good to go!!
with your help I think I finally figured it out and believe I now have a photo posted with my original question… Thanks so much!
taxidermy lady
Martin Colony History: Started trying to attract purple martins in 2012! It's finally happened in 2017! 5 years!!! ASY male and SY female came May 1st, fledged 5 babies!

Glad you got your photo to upload! :)
Sharon from southern Illinois
Mhoover
Martin Colony History: Started with 2 pair in 2014 - 7 eggs -7 fledged

I used an eye bolt, two washers and two nuts to create the anchor to attach the cable hook to. I ran the cable through an opening on the opposite side of the rack down from the pulley to the winch. If you use the area the rack bolts together this last step can be accomplished without taking the cable off the winch provided the hook will slip through the opening in the pulley housing. If it will not fit through then the cable needs to be removed off the winch and reattached after the cable is inserted through the pulley housing. Somebody else might have an easier way.
2017-5 pair
2016-4 pair- 18 hatched-18 fledged
2015-1 pair -Both ASY- 6 eggs-5 fledged
2014-2 pair- 1 ASY-M/SY-F-1 ASY pair - 7 eggs-7 fledged

PMCA Member
Ravens5281

Bird Nerd good deal glad u got it to work!!