Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
C.C.Martins
Martin Colony History: 2016- Visitors.
2017- 5 pair. 15 fledged
2018- 18 pair. 85 fledged
2019- 17 pair. 81 fledged
2020- 25 pair. 111 fledged
2021- 28 pair. 118 fledged
Home colony: mix natural, super and excluder gourds, enlarged compartment house. All SREH.
Satellite colony: Oso Bay Preserve: 12 PMCA excluder gourds, 6 room trio mini castle with enlarged compartments.
2019: Visitors
2020: 3 pair, 11 fledged
2021: 10 pair, 30 fledged
PMCA member

All,
Stumbled on the designs for the Huber sparrow insert trap. Going try to make a few, look simple but if anyone has had experiences I'd like to hear.

Iv got 3 nest box traps up, one I made with the van ert trap other 2 from PMCA. They work great. Iv read lots and lots of old posts looked on blue bird landlord sites as well, and applied the ideas of presentation (placement, making it look used, painting all white, painting black false holes, porches, putting their nesting material under it, even got some colored twine coming from the hole, oh and stapled white feathers to the inside directly across from the hole).

Have 3 more ready to deploy at our satellite site, was planning on van ert but if I can make Huber traps work ill use those.
Thanks,
Tom
Tom
PMCA member, believer in nest checks, venting, SREH and pest/predator protection.
Martintown33
Martin Colony History: 21 year colony. 2 s&k modified houses and gourd rack

Thanks for the info, Tom..
Happy hunting!
Rob