T14 Poly house

Welcome to the internet's gathering place for Purple Martin enthusiasts
Unk Bond
Martin Colony History: I have had 5

I have had 5 years of enjoying my martin bird colony.

=

Hello All
We just put my new T14 Poly house up. Boy it is still nippy cold here. And that wind added to it. :wink: Later
dsonyay
Martin Colony History: 2010-2014 located in Slidell LA. Gourd rack with 16 gourds. Max of 2 pairs during this short period in Slidell. Plenty of fledglings.

2014-present.. moved to Broussard LA. Same Gourd Rack but added a 6 room house (modified from a 12 room)

2020: after a long drought of nothing, 4 pairs and 4 nests, 23 eggs total (May2020)

Unk Bond wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:30 am
Hello All
We just put my new T14 Poly house up. Boy it is still nippy cold here. And that wind added to it. :wink: Later
Poly house? Is it pretty light-weight?

David
Unk Bond

=

Hello David
Very good questiom.
David to answer your question . My poly T14 and my Wood T14 about the same weight. There so close. One would haft to weight them to find if there's is any difference.. Thanks [ Later
Unk Bond

=

Unk Bond wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:30 am
Hello All
===========================

Hello All
What a bummer. Like I posted above, We put my new T14 Poly house on the pole'
Wasn't ready to crank it up. Wanted to eat. And then add trays in reverse position. To block the entry hole.
Took care of that little job.

Cranked the house just above the little hole for safety rod. Put the safety rod in the little hole
Got my chair up close and set down to crank. Raised the house about 3 more inches when the wench cable became real-real tight. Got my ink marker out and marked a line at the bottom of one house.

Set back down and lowered the house to rest 2 channels . Took a gander t the pole could see nothing wrong. Set back down and began to crank. Well once again cable become very very tight. Got up to check my mark.. Sure enough that's where the house stop raisin.g and was right on the mark.As I said what a bummer. :roll:

Will wait till the middle of this week and go at it again.
New pole new wench and new house. :???: [ Later